Friday, August 15, 2008
























Wednesday nite - Dinner at John Stevens in Fells Point - great seafood and a perfect evening. We ate outside and I was quite surprised that these pics came out so well...another of my friend David, and my niece Raven and her main squeeze, Justin.


This week I received the Rusche paper and LuminArte' water colors that I had ordered. I am not a water colorist, but these colors are so shimmery and exciting and easy to use, I want them ALL! I used the Twinkling H2O Radiant Rain spritzers for these two cards and love the results...




I used a vintage set from Stampin Up, Garden Silhouettes. First I stamped the image with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder on so saffron card stock. Next I stamped the image on tangerine tango card stock with stazon black and cut close to the image. I flipped the cut out over on top of the card and spritzed with copper Radient Rain to create a "shadow", then adhered the cut out on top of both prior images. I like the 3-dimensional look this produces and the copper spritz effect adds a subtle glimmer.












I used the Radiant Rains spritzers on the Rusche paper for the Birthday Wishes card. This time I spritzed with Key Lime, Stargazer & Copper first. Before it was dry, I colored the stamp with Old Olive and Really Rust markers and stamped on the Rusche. The ink bled just a bit, giving the image a misty look. Really Rust and Old Olive card stock, and Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon coordinate with the stamp colors, and Birthday Wishes from the new Wow Flowers stamp set is stamped in Old Olive on the bottom. Voila! Two new cards! Yay!




1 comment:

ChezChani said...

Not doing any type of craft like this I didn't understand most of it, but it sure is pretty!!! Please do not allow me to be tempted into trying a new craft right now, please PLEASE....