Tuesday, August 12, 2008






ok, here he is, my BFF David! A rare photo (with him smiling!) at the Gem Cutters picnic on Sunday.





It was a fun picnic, too - beautiful weather, lots of pot luck food and, of course, being Gem Cutters, lots of rough to haggle over! Next year we will have to phenagle electric hookups so we can bring the Genie and some trim saws. :-)



Here---->


is a FABU spectrolite cab someone had! WOW!

















Above is a sample of Wayne's Rough Drusy (left) and slabs (right). There just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything! These were CRYING to be made into cabs for jewelry!

Monday night!!!
Woo-woo - Finally have my new Stampin Up catalogue! In celebration, I made this card tonite, using the last of the Cuttlebug embossing folders that I purchased last week...called Allegro. This texture will work perfectly with a vintage Stampin Up set called Musical Manuscript, but since I still have a few birthday cards to send soon, I thought it would look great as a birthday background too! The just-discontinued hostess set, Older & Wiser has a great collection of birthday sentiments, and again using the 2008 In Color Card stock, Baja Beeze, and Kiwi Kiss Ink, the card came together. Hunting around for a coordinating print, I found a K&Company patterned card stock from last year that picked up both colors, and used my SU Slit punch to hold the flap down. Serendipity rules!

Skipping back a few days....

Saturday Night Special - I love the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder! Pacific Point Card stock and Ink, Older & Wiser's Candle stamp, a silver ink pen and silver textured card stock from DCWV combined to make this great card. I'm always challenged for birthday cards for guys, and I think the blue/silver theme will be a hit! I also dotted the silver ink on ALL the swiss dots in the background for "uber" contrast and that "special" touch!

No comments: