Tuesday, June 5, 2012

PTI - Make It Monday #69

Make It Monday #69 - Inspiration into Unique Sketches
There was just enough time this week to make another card, this time for the Papertrey Ink Make-It-Monday challenge.  I chose one of the six sketches in the challenge for this sympathy card.  While I did not intend it, this does look a bit like a hat, and the stamped image across the center (Background Basics: Tin Types) sort of resembles netting you might have found on a hat in the early 1900's.
Sketch-2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect sympathy card. I love the use of the tin type as the band going across the card.

Linda said...

Love the card and as you have mentioned I can see a hat as well but to me that makes it even better for a sympathy card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colors.

Gina said...

I didn't see the hat until I read your post. But, regardless, I think it is a lovely card. I like how you used tin type as the band across the middle.